Thursday, May 1, 2008

Kelly Clarkson

After winning two Grammys, Kelly Clarkson promptly left to start her European tour and hopefully work on writing and recording her third album while on the road. "It's a great emotional state to write at when you're tired, because on the road you are going so many places, and being a little rundown can be good for you sometimes, like especially creatively," Clarkson told MTV.com. "Not so much your body, but it is an awesome environment."

Collaboration is another element that Clarkson wants to incorporate into her third album. "I just ran into the Black Eyed Peas, and I would love to do something with them, that would be cool, just something random," she explained. "I ran into Chris Brown earlier today and he was like, 'We should do something together.' I dig him. I like music in general, so I'm always up for anything."
Kelly Clarkson, singer, celebrity

Clarkson hopes to explore different directions on this upcoming album. "Oh honey, I try to be more adventurous, but there are things called record labels. I love my record label but people are afraid to try new things, especially because record labels don't make the money they used to," Clarkson told MTV. "But we push 'em. This is going to be 10 steps away from Breakaway."

The former American Idol winner is currently touring in Europe and in the midst of releasing one more last single from Breakaway. Entitled "Walk Away," she describes it as "one of the brighter songs on the record. It's just one of those anthem songs where everybody is [bouncing their heads] in the car. And the whole song is just about if it's not working out, then just leave, don't stay and make it worse."
FMQB

Kelly Clarkson, singer, celebrity

No comments: